Kilkenny has won several awards for Tourism and Food. The Japanese Association of Travel Agents have named it “the most beautiful town in Europe.” Kilkenny is a beautiful medieval City with our famous Castle, attractions, and walks. Kilkenny is home to many Festivals for all the family including everything from bluegrass music and comedy, to dance and plays. We have something for everyone.
- Kilkenny voted third in the 2017 Top Foodie Destinations in Ireland
- Kilkenny won the Leinster titles at the Restaurant Association of Ireland 2016 awards for the best hotel restaurant, best causal dining, best Gastro Pub, best Café and best wine experience
- Kilkenny topped the ranking of Ireland’s cleanest towns and cities for the third year in a row in 2015
- Ireland’s Tidiest Town for 2014, beating competition from 849 towns and villages
- Kilkenny voted Cleanest Town in Ireland at end of 2013 by Irish Business Against Litter (IBAL)
- Two restaurants in Kilkenny have been awarded a Michelin Star. Of the 9 Michelin Star restaurants in Ireland, 2 are in County Kilkenny!